Monday, May 10, 2010

ole!

I was two classes shy from having a minor in Spanish, but I am lazy and did not get it! A year later, I sometimes wish I would've done it, but I haven't lost sleep over it. Mexican wedding cookies are a family favorite, so when I was asked to make them for a friends engagement party, I knew I could give some to my mom as a happy as well. Whenever I bake, I more often than not turn it into gifts as well.... I love to and I always have way more than T and I need especially since I only like to taste what I make, haha- Taste! Remember my 90 minutes on the treadmill??!

I think I have said it before, but toasted nuts are THE ONLY WAY TO GO! They taste a
million times better; in my opinion, they are only edible this way.







Pecans, toasted!








ground








the dough







in the oven, the lens got foggy







baked!








cooling AND close up










They have to cool completely before you submerge them in powdered sugar.







before







after









These cookies are buttery, smooth, and velvety AND if you bake them long enough, they are crunchy as well. As I've said before, I am not the biggest cookie fan due to the plethora of the poorly made ones out there. I don't love these, but I can tell they are good!!! I know that doesn't sound convincing, but you should try them! They are worth your time, effort, and workout :)

adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment