Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I don't even know

I love fruit! A lot! When I was working at the bakery, two summers ago, I ate fruit for dinner every night. A ziplock container filled with strawberries and purple grapes, yum! I remember one Friday, we were out of strawberries. My mother was stunned on how I devoured them so quickly, she doesn't really like fruit. I don't remember what I brought to work that day, maybe just grapes? The bakery wasn't even open yet when I heard a knock at the door. Usually, the disturbance would perturb me as the knocking was usually someone seeing if they could come in to buy cupcakes before we were open?! Nevertheless, I looked up and it was SWEET T! He was going out of town that day, so I had already told him goodbye the night before, I thought he just wanted to say goodbye again, but no--- he had strawberries :) What a nice guy!

All of that to say, fruit it one of my favorite things to eat. Blueberries, have yet to capture my heart though. I do not know what it is about them, but I don't like them as much as all of the other berries. Or really much at all. I especially don't like blueberry muffins. T does though and so does the muffin monster. The muffin monster is my Dad's brother who lovingly earned that name when I was a little girl. My mom baked some muffins, when my uncle was in town, I am not quite sure how many--- but when we woke up the next morning they were all gone. My uncle had eaten EVERY single one and that morning affectionately earned the title the muffin monster. Well, a few weeks ago it was the muffin monsters birthday and I stumbled across a recipe for blueberry muffins and thought I would bake them for his birthday. The only problem for you guys reading and for the muffin monster is I have no idea where I got this recipe. :)


First I made the topping





then zested a lemon



coated the frozen blueberries with sugar, the recipe called for frozen ones




batter


blueberry batter



scooped



T, the topping man





topped







baked









the muffin monster's muffins



ready to go


T's muffins



wait, I don't like muffins right, especially blueberry



These muffins were incredible. I will search high and low for the recipe and post it when I find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment